QuoteWerks streamlines the sales process by automating every step from quote generation to billing. It takes a systematic approach to the quote-to-cash process that simplifies your sales motion and customer service workflows. By integrating every detail of the sales journey into one cohesive system, businesses can operate with unprecedented efficiency and effectiveness.
Its tools are specifically tailored to industries relying on detailed line item quotes, like contract manufacturers, distributors, business security and alarm vendors, value-added resellers, and managed service providers (MSPs). With an integration library of 115+ CRM, professional services automation (PSA), accounting, distributor systems, shipping, leasing, and payment gateway integrations, QuoteWerks helps businesses in just about every industry take an integrated approach to sales and contracting.
Why this product is good
Positives of QuoteWerks’s CPQ Software
- With QuoteWerks CPQ, you can track your cost, selling price, and profitability. When you use its product configurator to adjust markups for each product/quote, you’ll see it reflect new profitability values instantly.
- In addition to linking product data sources and importing price lists, QuoteWerks lets you retrieve consumer pricing info from Amazon, CDW, Dell, Staples, and other vendors in addition to your distributor’s pricing and stock status.
- You can easily compile quotes with QuoteWerks by picking from lists, searching by details, or using organized folders. Advanced automation and visual configuration features further enhance the process for your sales team.
What is QuoteWerks CPQ?
QuoteWerks CPQ is a cloud-based (or, optionally, hybrid-cloud) configure, price, quote (CPQ) software that helps businesses streamline their sales process. It is a powerful tool that combines sales quoting, proposal generation, contract management, and payment processing into one cohesive system. For manufacturers, distributors, value-added resellers, and service providers that rely on detailed quotes, QuoteWerks CPQ simplifies and automates the entire quote-to-cash process.
- Product/service information management
- Interactive quote builder
- Customizable pricing and workflows
- Consumer price comparisons
- Customer activity notifications
- Profitability calculator
- End-to-end QTC automation
Product/service information management: You can create descriptions, pricing, and images for all your products and services in QuoteWerks. And you can segment them based on color, weight, size, and other identifiers. Each component, configuration, and bundle can have its own volume discounts and markup values, so your margins are always accurate.
Interactive quote builder: Creating branded quotes and proposals in QuoteWerks is as simple as picking items from a list. It offers step-by-step guidance, presents visual product lists, and helps you select options for a smooth sales process. With quote template features, you can save more time by storing and recalling similar quotes.
Customizable pricing and workflows: QuoteWerks CPQ is customizable for each sales journey, and you can manually or automatically adjust prices, volumes, and markups for real-time price optimization. You can also create workflows that automate processes like approvals or discounts.
Consumer price comparisons: QuoteWerks stays on top of constantly changing vendor prices, shipping times, tax rates, etc., so you don’t have to. It connects with Micro, Tech Data, and other distributors’ databases to automatically provide price comparison and availability info. It also pulls pricing/availability info from Amazon, CDW, Dell, and Staples.
Customer activity notifications: With QuoteWerks, your team receives real-time updates on customer activities and events related to their quotes. It tells them when someone opens a quote, makes edits, approves it, or signs the dotted line, so they can prioritize action items and move each deal across the finish line.
Profitability calculator: Based on your pricing and costs, QuoteWerks calculates your profit margins as you add items to a quote. As you adjust markups (by percentage, dollar amount, or points) for each product, the configurator updates your total revenue and profit margin amounts.
End-to-end QTC automation: Thanks to its massive integration library and abundance of native features, QuoteWerks handles everything from contact management and pipeline tracking to e-signature, credit card/ACH payment processing, and centralized storage for all your quotes, proposals, terms and conditions, SOWs, contracts, and product/service info.
What are the advantages of using QuoteWerks CPQ?
QuoteWerks CPQ Benefits
Using QuoteWerks CPQ comes with several benefits for your business and sales team. Here are the most notable ones:
- Save time and eliminate manual errors by automating the quoting process.
- Ensure accurate pricing and maximum profitability with real-time updates from distributors and price comparison tools.
- Simplify your sales process by integrating each step into one cohesive system.
- Increase customer satisfaction and reduce sales cycle times with detailed quotes, notifications on quote status, and easy electronic contract signatures.
- Get a complete view of your sales journey with QuoteWerks’ robust reporting and analytics features.
- Improve GTM strategies and decision-making processes through intuitive, comprehensive reporting.
- Keep accurate books and ensure compliance with centralized storage, data synchronization, and accounting/invoicing integrations.
QuoteWerks CPQ Pricing
The pricing for QuoteWerks CPQ (billed monthly) is as follows:
- Standard: $15 per user per month (for smaller teams with simple quoting needs)
- Professional: $21 per user per month (for mid-sized businesses that need accounting and database integration features)
- Corporate: $30 per user per month (for businesses with advanced requirements like scripting and custom CRM integrations)
In addition to pricing for its CPQ software, QuoteWerks offers the following add-ons for any subscription:
- Real-time pricing and availability module: $14 per user per month
- QuoteValet (electronic quoting/payment processing): $28 per user per month
- Online product content (through Etilize): $9 per user per month, requires real-time pricing module.
- Web + database hosting for CPQ: $20 per user per month, requires Corporate subscription tier.
All subscriptions and add-ons offer a limited-time free trial.
Competitors and Alternatives to QuoteWerks CPQ
Although QuoteWerks is fantastic for distributors, VARs, MSPs, and contract manufacturers, it’s not the only CPQ software available. If you’re running a subscription business, you’ll be better off with a tool that handles subscription billing and management. For companies selling complex engineer-to-order products like industrial equipment or medical devices, a tool with a more visual product configuration environment is more suitable. And, if you’re already using another app ecosystem, a tool that fits right in with your existing tech stack might be more feasible.
Top 3 QuoteWerks CPQ Alternatives
Salesforce CPQ is a cloud-based CPQ software that sits atop the Salesforce CRM and takes more traditional approach to the CPQ process. In addition to all the standard CPQ features, it offers automated guided selling and quoting, a product configuration engine with rules-based guidance, approval workflows, detailed analytics, and nearly unlimited customizability. If your business already uses Salesforce apps, its native integration with the platform’s UI and data models will make for the most seamless implementation process of any CPQ tool.
DealHub CPQ is a newer platform that’s perfect for SaaS companies and subscription businesses. Its three-module platform includes CPQ, Billing, and DealRoom (digital sales room). Every step of the way, the DealHub platform supports the B2B software sales process. Guided selling playbooks, support for multi-dimensional (tiered/usage-based) pricing models, and a digital quote builder with collaboration functionality help sales reps configure, quote, and sell subscription packages efficiently. It centralizes document sharing, editing, and communication within the platform, so you never lose track of a deal in the pipeline. And automated subscription billing (even for complex usage-based/consumption models) make it a capable solution for subscription companies with any monetization model.
PROS Smart CPQ
PROS CPQ is one of the most technologically advanced on the market when it comes to product configuration. Its AI-driven 3D configuration engine easily handles even the most complex, engineer-to-order products with up to 10,000 line items. For your sales team, the dymanic configurator makes it possible to demonstrate every available option and its price in real time, including any options that might not be compatible with others. The Smart CPQ platform is particularly useful for companies selling highly configurable products with lots of permutations (e.g., industrial machinery). It also offers website integrations, which allow your customers to reorder custom products directly from your website.
Valuable Insight From Real Customers
Gartner Peer Insights
Of 13 reviews, QuoteWerks CPQ has a rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars on Gartner Peer Insights. In their reviews, users note the software’s ease of use in creating branded quotes and how it helps reduce quoting errors.
The reviewers and customer demographics are as follows:
Reviewer’s Company Size
- <$50M: 69%
- $50M-$1B: 31%
- IT Services: 46%
- Services (non-Government): 15%
- Banking: 8%
- Construction: 8%
- Other: 23%
Reviewer’s Deployment Region
- North America: 57%
- Asia/Pacific: 21%
- Latin America: 14%
- Europe, Middle East, and Africa: 7%
Gartner Peer Insights affirms that a stand-out feature of QuoteWerks CPQ is the integration with other software, such as CRM, accounting, distribution and retail solutions.
Common Questions and Answers
QuoteWerks is a cloud-based CPQ solution users can access through the QuoteWerks desktop app. For an additional per-user cost, customers can purchase QuoteWerks Web, a hybrid-cloud platform. With QuoteWerks Web, they host the web app and you or a database host of your choosing hosts your data.
QuoteWerks works similar to every other CPQ software. When you open up the app, you can go through the basic sales process: create a customer record, input product info, then generate quotes and proposals. On the backend, company admins input all the product and pricing data.
The app guides sales reps through a step-by-step quote-building process, and automatically adds products and services to quotes using rules-based logic. Then, when you’re ready to present the quote to your customer, you can share, edit, and sign it digitally.
CPQ tools serve as platforms for the product configuration and quoting process, which is a significant portion of the sales process. With CPQ, sellers can personalize product quotes and contracts, upsell/cross-sell complimentary products, configure complex products, and tailor pricing to customer-specific contracts.