HubSpot is an all-in-one cloud-based CRM platform tailored to businesses of any size and type. This includes B2B and B2C industries such as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), retail, real estate, construction, financial services, ecommerce, digital agency services, sales, marketing, and more. HubSpot is the ultimate tool for managing your leads, tracking and automating sales pipelines, monitoring inbound and outbound contacts, as well as running effective email campaigns.
The platform includes features such as contact management, sales pipelines, lead scoring, tracking email opens, website analytics, automated workflows, and reminders for follow-ups. This helps streamline your sales process so that you can focus on the tasks that really matter.
In addition to providing a free tool with an easy-to-use interface, HubSpot CRM also offers advanced customization options such as tagging, segmentation, and custom fields. This allows you to tailor your workflows to your unique needs so you can get the most out of the platform’s features.
Why this product is good
Positives of HubSpot CRM Software
- Hubspot’s core CRM product is free, meaning that solopreneurs and small businesses that don’t have the budget (or need) for some of the more expensive CRM products can get started with HubSpot.
- HubSpot makes a suite of tools in addition to its CRM, and they are all top-of-the-line solutions that can be used to maximize the effectiveness of your sales and marketing. Since they all work together seamlessly, HubSpot enables companies to work under a completely unified tech stack if they choose to.
- Lead management and nurturing are easier than ever with Hubspot. With real-time notifications for lead behaviors (i.e., website visits, email opens, etc.) and personalized email sequences for lead nurturing, you can have a highly effective lead management system that covers all the bases.
- HubSpot offers a modular, scalable solution, so you can add more features and products as your business grows. Every element has a free plan, but it can also scale up to add more features and support as needed.
What is HubSpot CRM?
HubSpot, as a whole, is a complete business management platform that provides a suite of products and services (called “Hubs”) for sales, marketing, customer service, and many other business areas. The core CRM product is the foundation of HubSpot’s offering and is designed to help businesses of all sizes manage customer relationships and data. Whether you’re a one-person operation or a 2,000+ employee enterprise, The HubSpot CRM platform provides the marketing, sales, and customer service elements required to create an incredible experience for your customers.
The features of HubSpot CRM include:
- Pipeline management
- Automatic activity logging
- Live chat software
- Contact management
- Customizable dashboards
- Email marketing
- Seamless business tool integrations
Pipeline Management: With Hubspot, you can easily create and manage sales pipelines through the drag-and-drop interface. This makes it easy to track each stage of your pipeline, so you can focus on nurturing leads and closing deals. From the pipeline pages, you can see which deals are in the pipeline, which prospects are ready to be contacted, and access information like lead/deal size, contact information, and more.
Automatic Activity Logging: HubSpot automatically logs all customer activity, including emails sent/received, calls, and website visits. It even has an automated Gmail and Outlook plugin that lets you know when a customer or prospect opened your email. This helps you better understand your customers’ needs and how to engage with them more effectively. Its task management features take this a step further—you can set up tasks to be completed at certain times (such as follow-up emails or reminders), and HubSpot will automatically remind you when it’s time.
Live Chat Software: The free HubSpot CRM live chat add-on enables users to build chatbots without any coding experience. Sales, marketing, and customer success teams can use these bots to qualify leads, book appointments, provide customer support, and more. Plus, the conversations are automatically logged in HubSpot for easy reference later.
Contact Management: The contact management features of HubSpot CRM allow you to easily add contacts, store their data, and access it from anywhere. The platform also has powerful segmentation capabilities that make it easy to target specific audiences and craft personalized messages.
Customizable Dashboards: Customizable dashboards within HubSpot’s CRM tool to help you stay on top of your data. You can easily create, update, and track metrics like leads generated, deals closed, customer satisfaction scores, and more. Plus, you get a complete overview of the performance of your sales team with just a few clicks.
Email Marketing: HubSpot CRM allows you to easily reach your desired audiences and make a lasting impression. With the platform’s predefined emails full of captivating content, creating customized emails using their drag-and-drop editor has never been easier. To further personalize your work, select from HubSpot’s many pre-built templates to match your brand’s look and feel. Plus, you can use their automatic email follow-up feature to ensure you’re always on top of your customer outreach.
Seamless Business Tool Integrations: The HubSpot CRM platform offers seamless integrations with popular business tools like Zapier, Salesforce, Zendesk, Slack, Google, Outlook, and more. This makes it easier to streamline processes across different departments and get more done in less time. Slack integration, for example, works with HubSpot’s live chat tool to help organizations quickly provide customer support and make sure customers are happy.
What are the advantages of using HubSpot CRM?
HubSpot CRM Benefits
As a robust platform with plenty of out-of-the-box features, HubSpot CRM offers a wide range of benefits for businesses of all sizes. Here are just a few perks you’ll enjoy when using HubSpot:
- Freemium Model: Every member of the HubSpot ecosystem has a free component to it. Marketing, Sales, Service, CMS, and Operations Hub are all free to use with limited features and access. This makes it easier for startups, small businesses, and non-profits to get the most out of HubSpot without breaking the budget.
- Flexible Pricing: Once a business exhausts the free features, there are several different pricing tiers to choose from. These range from basic plans to enterprise-level packages with more robust features and integrations.
- Modular Platform: The modular approach to the HubSpot platform allows users to pick and choose what they need, when they need it. It offers countless tools, but you only need to pay for or integrate the ones you’ll actually use.
- Multi-Platform Support: A mobile app and desktop client for Windows and Mac are both available with HubSpot, making it easy to stay connected wherever you go. You can manage campaigns and reply to leads from your cell phone.
- Sales and Marketing Automation: HubSpot CRM automatically tracks customer interactions and sends triggered emails based on customer actions. You can set up automated workflows to save time and effort while still providing a great customer experience.
- Analytics & Insights: The built-in analytics dashboard provides complete visibility into all the data and insights your business needs. This helps you identify trends in user behavior, track performance metrics, and understand customer sentiment.
- Easy Integrations: The HubSpot platform makes it easy to integrate with countless business tools, including Zapier, Calendly, Intercom, SurveyMonkey, PandaDoc, and Aircall.
HubSpot CRM Pricing
HubSpot CRM’s pricing can be broken up into five tiers:
- Free Tools: The foundational tools to get you started with HubSpot. Users will have access to the mobile and desktop apps and whichever free integrations they choose (e.g., email marketing, live chat, etc.). They can also access the free versions of Sales, Marketing, Service, CMS, and Operations Hub.
- Starter ($45 per month + $25 per user per month): When users upgrade to the paid plan, they get two paid users for Sales and Service Hub, plus 1,000 marketing contacts. It also enables users to remove HubSpot branding from their emails.
- Professional ($1,600 per month + $100 per user per month): This tier unlocks more advanced features such as custom user roles, extended data retention, and unlimited marketing contacts. enables businesses to create custom landing pages for their campaigns, up to 25 dashboards, and deal and company scoring properties.
- Enterprise ($4,999.99 per month + $120 per user per month): The enterprise tier unlocks the most powerful features HubSpot has to offer. It includes up to 1,000 customizable workflows, 25 scoring models, complete landing page features, and completely customizable CRM interfaces.
Which CPQ Solutions Integrate with HubSpot?
Most CPQ software integrates seamlessly with the HubSpot ecosystem. Five of the best include:
- HubSpot CPQ
- DealHub CPQ
- Conga CPQ
- eRep CPQ
- GetAccept CPQ
HubSpot now has its own CPQ offering, which you can use in conjunction with the rest of the HubSpot platform. It is available to users for free, but it works best with a HubSpot CRM subscription. Those who use HubSpot CRM with HubSpot CPQ can build customizable quotes in the same UI they manage their leads, contacts, and deals with.
HubSpot CPQ integrates with QuickBooks and many other accounting tools, allowing for easy invoicing and payments through its native payments features. Additional features include e-signature, customizable product libraries, and automated workflows.
DealHub CPQ is a cloud-based solution that integrates with the HubSpot platform. It enables users to quickly create quotes and proposals, track product usage, generate invoices and payments, and manage contracts. Its features include product bundling capabilities, automated approval workflows, e-signatures, and unmatched buyer engagement analytics. Another standout element of the DealHub Platform is its digital sales room component, which connects sales reps with prospects and stakeholders to streamline sales engagement.
Sales reps can harness the full potential of HubSpot’s deal management capabilities with DealHub CPQ integration. Not only will reps be able to manage their deals and quotes from one place, but they’ll also benefit from utilizing DealHub’s quoting and proposal tools within HubSpot. On top of that, integrating both platforms tremendously enhances your team’s effectiveness by expediting sales closures, boosting productivity levels, and streamlining every aspect of the sales cycle.
Conga CPQ (formerly Apttus CPQ), is a digital commerce platform designed to help businesses with complex pricing models automate their quoting process with ease. Its features include product and pricing configuration, contract management, document generation, and much more—creating an end-to-end solution for complex quotes and contracts that speeds up the entire sales cycle. Its visual configurations add to the fully-managed quote-to-cash (QTC) process and make it easier to generate accurate quotes on-the-go.
Conga CPQ offers supported integration with HubSpot Marketing Hub to help marketers and sales reps alike with pipeline visibility. For Marketing Hub users involved in enterprise sales, Conga CPQ makes the quoting and contracting processes less of a hassle, improving the customer journey and allowing for faster sales cycles.
eRep CPQ is an automated quoting and ordering system that integrates with HubSpot CRM using REST API. The API enables sharing of data for your specific quotes across your tech stack and syncs them across records. Sales teams can capture quotes by product, rep, and project opportunity, and quickly generate accurate quotes, streamlining the sales process. The integration also provides visibility into how customers respond to the sales process, enabling sales teams to optimize sales operations. With eRep CPQ and HubSpot CRM integrated, customers benefit from an efficient and streamlined purchasing experience with rapid turnaround times.
With eRep, you can easily configure and send final pricing, Kits and BOMs in an order. Plus, if your ERP already has configuration rules managed by it, then eRep can integrate the existing data via API to help maintain control over configurations while allowing sales reps to finish configuring products quickly. You’ll be certain that all configuration details are connected with one source of truth since they will only have to manage information in one place.
GetAccept’s CPQ solution enables sales reps to craft and deliver precise quotes for potential buyers. A few clicks is all it takes for account execs to customize pricing tables based on the customers’ individual requirements, meaning a shorter sales cycle for the organization. GetAccept enables HubSpot Marketing Hub users to send quotes while buyers receive and e-sign sales documents inside the CRM platform.
Sales teams can instantly capture leads from HubSpot and easily populate a GetAccept template with customer data. And with automated electronic signatures, they can quickly secure contracts without the hassle of manual paperwork. Plus, document tracking features let them receive notifications whenever something changes or when prospects read attachments they’ve sent them.
Valuable Insight From Real Customers
Gartner Peer Insights
HubSpot has a rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars on Gartner Peer Insights. In their reviews, users note the software’s user-friendly features that provide an all-in-one marketing center for data collection, lead generation, sales pipeline tracking, and marketing automation. However, some users mention the price as a barrier to adding additional functionality as their business’s needs grow.
The reviewers and customer demographics are as follows:
Reviewer’s Company Size
- <$50M: 61%
- $50M-$1B: 27%
- $1B-$10B: 6%
- $10B+: 3%
- Gov’t/PS/Ed: 3%
- IT Services: 24%
- Services (non-government): 19%
- Miscellaneous: 9%
- Software: 7%
- Other: 41%
Reviewer’s Deployment Region
- North America: 63%
- Europe, Middle East, and Africa: 17%
- Asia/Pacific: 16%
- Latin America: 5%
Gartner Peer Insights affirms that HubSpot CRM is easy to use and provides excellent support, as cited by the reviews on their site.